Saturday, April 18, 2009

How much is your life experiences worth?

After such much buzz and news about winning Oscar awards, I finally got around to seeing Slumdog Millionaire. As I stepped through every scene of the movie, what kept running through my mind was could I be paid 20 million Naira for my life's experience. Peharps my life's experience is worth more than that, yet may be not.

After watching that movie I remembered my goals and aspirations on how much I'd be worth at this stage of my life, what I would have to contributed to other peoples' dreams and aspirations. Of course doing a reality check I realize how far I am from realizing them.

While I entertained myself at Easter with this classic masterpiece (in my opinion) I couldn't help wondering aloud "How far are you willing to go in actualizing your visions"?, How much of life's filth and dirth am I willing to endure? How much of my personal experiences made impressions on me so much that I can recall them?

As I revel in the character Jamal, and think to myself how extraodinary he seems, just as the writer of that movie, I can't help but imagine that across the slums of the the world there are many potential millioniares.

Ultimately I ask, how far are we willing to go just to end up with those we love, or we think we love and to give meaning to their lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment